7.10.2010

What are you saying? What do you mean?

I created this blog to express myself. Because I knew that being able to visualize everything going on in my head would appear to be much clearer and I would at least be able to say everything that I need to say.

"Say what you mean and mean what you say." Is it better to say whats real then to always wonder what if or never know the answer?

Psychology is def one of my strong points and I'm glad that I've been able to invest so much time into my studies. If not, I would be fed up with so much of people's inconsistencies and abnormal activity. Now I can somewhat justify people's behaviors and thought process based on different personalities.

There's a Degrassi episode (416: Eye of the Tiger) after Jimmy (Aubrey Graham) is shot and goes back to life with his friends. And Spinner (Shane Kippel) confesses to Jimmy about being one of the people who set Jimmy up for Rick to be mad at him. Jimmy is furious and calls Spinner's decision to tell him selfish and questions why he didn't keep it to himself.

Since then, I've always wondered when it is appropriate to ""say what you mean and mean what you say.'' Spinner only told Jimmy because he was feeling guilty and wanted to clear his conscious -- but of course, that did not make the situation better and they stopped being friends for the next year and a half.

When it comes to confronting an issue, communication is key. The greatest things I value are respect and honesty because no matter how good, bad, or ugly it seems...the truth can never be overruled by anything else. And that's just the reality of the situation.

namaste.

No comments: