12.31.2010

There's a kite blowing out of control on the breeze -- Goodbye 2010...never come back

Put me in a room full of people -- and I will make sure a smile hits their face at least once.

When I was younger (age 7ish), I was told that I exude light. Not a hue of color, but my presence was one that lit up a room and it was quite lovely. I was too young to understand it and actually felt like it was not a compliment compared to other qualities I would have preferred to be noticed for. It was not until recently (over 10 years later) that I realized how important and what a blessing it is to carry such a "lovely" spirit. However, for some time in my life, I thought I no longer had that radiance.

Then 2010 happened, along with reality.

Anything and everything I had not experienced in life happened all at once. From the best moments to the worst. I met the most amazing people -- family (S/O SPX) -- while losing some along the way as well (RIP Jimmy <3). And going through my own personal hell with a smile on my face and no one to understand.

I could grumble and complain about how crappy 2010 was; however, I would like to believe that I am still the same person that can light up a room with a genuine small and a cheerful heart. Keeping it positive

The world doesn't stop because one thing happens...even if it is one thing after another. We all live in our own small worlds and someone else is doing the same, generally with ill regard to your world.

We are like ants walking around in our own ant village -- hunting, gathering, mating, and doing it all over again. We do not cross into the other ant villages if it is inconvenient. But when/if we do, we discover something different and we are able to take it back to our own village and allow it to better our own lives. So when we experience things that are not expected or disrupt part of the motions that we are used to, we can learn and apply.

That is what life is about, and that is what 2010 taught me. Life is about constantly learning, exploring, and hoping to make our own world a better place. It is possible to allow the negativity in the world to shatter your dreams and everything you love, but that would do no good and only cause pain and heartache. That is NOT a life to live.

Keep your head up and never lose sight of what makes you happy, driven, or able to wake up every morning. This is your life and you have the option to live it or live in it. If you simply choose to live in it, you're wasting your breath.

Que Sera, Sera...and life goes on -- this too, shall pass.

2010 is over.
There is no looking back, only looking forward.

Only you control your own life, village, and happiness. Never let someone or something's negativity keep you from looking up and fulfilling your dreams -- you only get one shot.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: